“STORY TELLING COMPETITION” AT SMK 4 EXPOSE 2009
The Fourth State Vocational High School 4 Jambi is going to conduct ” Story Telling Competition with The MAJOR TROPHY” on March 24 to 25, 2009. In this Story Telling Competition, We are inviting about 10 schools from 2 regency and municipality( Batang Hari Regency, Muaro Jambi Regency and Jambi city). Last saturday, March 21,2009 they had followed Technical Meeting at Language Laboratory at SMK 4 Jambi. At the same time, the representatives of other schools including the contestants for Story telling, also followed the technical meeting for Band parade, Dance, and Traditional song competitions.
To whom this announcement of Story Telling Competition may concern (The Contestants), you should come punctually on March 24 – 25, 2009, at 13.00 – 16.00 WIB on those days.
To see the text of story telling download this : FOLKTALE TEXT
IF YOU ARE THE CONTESTANTS AND YOU NEED TO KNOW MORE ABOUT WHAT THE STORY TELLING IS ABOUT AND ALSO THE CRITERIA OF IT, JUST CLICK
THE DEFINITION OF STORY TELLING :
1. Storytelling is an interactive performance art form. Direct interaction between the teller and audience is an essential element of the storytelling experience. An audience responds to the teller’s words and actions. The teller uses this generally non-verbal feedback to immediately, spontaneously, and improvisationally adjust the tones, wording, and pace of the story to better meet the needs of the audience.
2. Storytelling is, by design, a co-creative process. Storytelling audiences do not passively receive a story from the teller, as a viewer receives and records the content of a television program or motion picture. The teller provides no visual images, no stage set, and generally, no costumes related to story characters or historic period. Listeners create these images based on the performer’s telling and on their own experiences and beliefs.
3. Storytelling is, by its nature, personal, interpretive, and uniquely human. Storytelling passes on the essence of who we are. Stories are a prime vehicle for assessing and interpreting events, experiences, and concepts from minor moments of daily life to the grand nature of the human condition. It is an intrinsic and basic form of human communication. More than any other form of communication, the telling of stories in an integral and essential part of the human experience.
4. Storytelling is a process, a medium for sharing, interpreting, offering the content and meaning of a story to an audience. Because storytelling is spontaneous and experiential, and thus a dynamic interaction between teller and listener, it is far more difficult to describe than is the script and camera directions of a movie, or the lines and stage direction notes of a play. Storytelling emerges from the interaction and cooperative, coordinated efforts of teller and audience.
THE CRITERIA OF EVALUATION AT SMK 4 STORY TELLING COMPETITION:
1. SCORING ON PRONUNCIATION
2. SCORING ON PERFORMANCE
a. Mimic, Gesture
c. Stage Command
3. SCORING ON CONTENT AND PROPERTY
a. Text Mastery
b. Text Conversing
There are 4 Titles provided to the contestants :
1. 1001 nights : Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves
2. An American Folktale : How Jack Went to Seek His Fortune
3. European Folktale : The Kids And The Wolf
4. A Balinese Folktale: The Crane in Priestly Robe
The interval Scoring of this Story telling competition is among 10 – 100.
During the performance On the stage, The contestants will have been making it for 10 – 15 minutes. “not more or less”. And before the performance they are also given 5 minutes to decorate or set to the stage. On the text, they should not always memorize all the words in sentences. there they are freely modify the sentences but are not different from the content. After the performance, he or she will see the judges.
The contestants may modify his or her costumes suit the story.
There are 3 judges invited to evaluate the competition.
PLEASE WELCOME THE JUDGES AND THE CONTESTANTS.
” COMPETE HONESTLY IN STORY TELLING COMPETITION”
Posted : by Kukuh sila utama
The coordinator of Story Telling Competition, SMKN 4 Jambi 2009